Search our Catalog
* For short descriptions of the items in each category and a link to our catalog, click on a picture.
Blind Date with a Book
During the month of February have a blind date with a book.
- Choose a wrapped book from the coffee table display for your "date."
- Will it be romantic, informative, funny, suspenseful, heart-wrenching or simply not your cup of tea?
- Fill out the Rate Your Date form inside the book and bring it to the Library Services Desk.
Here’s hoping you find the book of your dreams!
But if it turns out to be a dud, just return it.
No awkwardness—unlike a real blind date!
Best Books of 2015
Too busy last year to read every book on every bestseller list? Now you can catch up by reading the books on the Best Books of 2015 list that Lisa compiled from a number of individual lists.
HHS program on Abraham Lincoln's Funeral in Chicago
Wednesday, February 10, 7 p.m.
The Homewood Historical Society has invited David Carroll, photographic historian, teacher and author to discuss his book about Lincoln's connection to Chicago.
- No registration required
- Copies of Mr. Carroll's book may be purchased after the presentation
10 Point Pitch Game
Saturdays, February 13, March 12, April 9, 1 - 2:30 p.m.
Stop by the Meeting Room to play this fun, trick-taking card game.
Games After Dark
Thursday, February 18; Wednesday, March 16; Wednesday, April 20
Adults Only Game Night! We will provide games such as Gloom, Super Flight and more. We invite participants to bring games that they're passionate about, too.
- Walk-ins welcome
- Must be over 18 years old to participate
Youth -- Saturday, February 20, 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Teens -- Saturday, February 20, 1 - 2:15 p.m.
Adults -- Saturday, February 20, 3 - 5 p.m.
Homewood Public Library is pleased to enter the world of storytelling by offering programs for youth, teen, and adults. Come and discover the magic of the oldest performing art.
- Registration required
- Limited to 15 participants in each age group