The Makery is a creative technology studio with software and equipment that will allow you to create high-quality projects in many different media.
The Makery is open to Homewood cardholders
- whose card is in good standing
- with a user agreement that you sign each year
- with the following age requirements
- Children 11 years old and under (6th grade & under)--with the supervision of any caregiver.
- Tweens 12 – 13 years old (7th or 8th graders)--with the supervision of any caregiver or on their own after completing orientation.
- Teens 14 – 17 years old (9th to 12th graders) and Adults 18 and over may use the lab on their own.
The Makery Hours
Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 8:45 p.m.
Friday & Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Sundays 1:00 - 4:45 p.m. ( September through May)
Call 708-798-0121 x232 for reservations (up to 2 weeks in advance).
Reserving and Using The Makery
- Reservations are encouraged, but walk-ins are allowed if The Makery is available.
- Makery sessions are booked for 2 hours. After that, we will be happy to extend your time depending on availability.
- You may have a guest in the lab with you.
- Group reservations for up to 6 people can be made.
- You'll be asked to show your library card when you check in.
- When you check in, a $500 security deposit will be added to your card. You are held responsible for the equipment used by you, your guest or members of your group. The fee is removed at check out, after an inventory is taken. If equipment is missing or damaged, the fee will be adjusted to the applicable amount and will remain on your library record.
When using The Makery, you should be aware that the attendant is there to provide basic help with our equipment.
You are welcome to use The Makery's standard and poster printers for your projects. However, email or word documents may not be printed in The Makery.
Computer Use, Internet and Expected Patron Behavior policies are posted in The Makery.