There are a number of programs at the library that meet on a regular basis.
- Shakespeare Discussion Group -- The Shakespeare Discussion Group generally meets on the 1st and 3rd Friday of every month. Reading and discussion begins at 1 p.m. in the Library's 2nd floor Multi-Purpose Room.
- Open Knitting -- Knitting begins at 7 p.m. on the 2nd Monday of each month. All knitters are welcome to join this self-led and sharing group.
- Card Making 101 -- This 2-hour instructional class begins at 10 a.m. in the Library's 2nd floor Multi-Purpose Room. The registration cost of $7 covers all supplies for 2-3 cards. Please sign up and pay at the Library Services Desk by the Friday before the class.
- Homewood Historical Society -- Partnering with the Library, the Historical Society presents programs each month except June, July, and August. Meetings are free, open to the public, and begin at 7 p.m.
- Travel Video -- Join us at 10:30 a.m. the 3rd Tuesday each month for travel videos to various locations around the globe.
- Lunch and a Movie -- Also on the 3rd Tuesday each month, pack your lunch and join us at noon for a movie. Light snacks and a beverage are provided.
For further information about any of these programs please call us at 708-798-0121 ext. 216.
Please Note: After sponsoring at least 25 years of Sunday afternoon Lyric Opera previews for our local opera lovers, we're sorry to advise you that the Lyric Opera has disbanded their lecture corps and will no longer be offering community outreach lectures beginning with their 2015-2016 season.