Friends of the Homewood Library
The Friends of the Homewood Library is an independent, nonprofit, membership-based organization that supports the work of the Library through various volunteer activities.
The money we have raised over the years has allowed the Library to purchase special equipment and underwrite special programs that benefit library patrons. We are grateful not only to our past and present volunteers, but also to Library patrons and the Homewood community, for making our contributions possible.
We invite you to browse through our sales area--the Friends Corner--on the second floor. There you will find a wide array of items including hard cover and paperback books, magazines, movies, music, and more (all at very reasonable prices) available for purchase everyday. Our dedicated volunteers put out new items all the time, so take a look each time you're in the Library.
In addition to our ongoing self-service book sales, we will continue to offer cashiered sales every Saturday in the Friends Corner from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Stop by often to pick up some wonderful unexpected bargains.
Please check the web calendar for information on upcoming sales....
- $5 per adult for a one-year membership.
- $100 one-time payment per adult for a lifetime membership.
- Membership forms are available at the Front Desk.
- We would love to welcome you as a member!
- Grade school and high school students are welcome to join.
- Membership is a great bargain at just $2 per year.
- Sign-up forms are available at the Front Desk.
- Past activities have included a backpack project for children in need, letters to children in Haiti, Valentines for Veterans, staff appreciation gifts for their favorite librarians, snack bags for blood drive donors, treats for book sale volunteers, and blankets for seniors.