Welcome to the Front Desk
Library Cards Go Digital!
Carrying your library card is even easier, with the help of your smart phone and a free application called "Key Ring." Just download the app onto your smart phone, scan your barcode and photograph your library card. When you visit the front desk to check out library items, you will find a special laser scanner, generously donated by the Friends of the Homewood Library, to read your smart phone screen; a staff member will tell you when to scan your digital card.
Did You Know?
- Paper due tomorrow? No Library card? Get a temporary number to use eResources.
- Our Reference materials are available on a "Short Loan" basis. You can check out one reference book at a time for one week. No renewals.
- Your group can now apply online to reserve the meeting room.
- You can "Go Green" with the Homewood Library and the H-F Park District. Learn more about the Green-Up, H-F! program.
Questions We're Frequently Asked:
- What kinds of materials can I find at the Homewood Library?
- How do I get a Homewood Library card?
- How long can I keep an item I borrow from the Homewood Library?
- How many talking books, CDs, DVDs, etc. can I borrow at one time?
- How can I find out when my books are due?
- What if I'm not finished with something? Can I renew it?
- What if I want to borrow an item that Homewood doesn't own?
- Can I place a hold myself?
- Can I cancel a hold myself?