Placing and Canceling a Hold
Placing a Hold
- Enter your keyword(s) in the "Search Our Catalog" search box. Your can enter the full title, a part of the title, the author's name, the item's ISBN or a topic.
- Click "Search."
- Click on the title of the item you choose to see if Homewood owns the item and, if we do, if it's currently on shelf.
- If the item you want is on shelf at Homewood, call us at 708-798-0121 ext. 216 to set it aside for you.
- If the item is not available at Homewood, click the "Place Hold" button.
- You'll be asked to enter your library card number and PIN to access your account.
- On the next screen, you can decide whether the pickup llibrary will be Homewood (the default for Homewood cardholders), or you can choose another SWAN library from the dropdown list.
- Click the "Place Hold(s)" button.
- You'll be notified when the item is ready for pickup.
Canceling a Hold
- Click on "My Account" in the "Search Our Catalog" box.
- Enter your library card number and PIN.
- Click "Log In."
- Click on the "Holds" tab.
- To cancel all your holds, check the "Select All" box and then click the "Cancel Hold(s)" button.
- To choose specific hold(s) to be canceled, click in the box before the selected title; then click the "Cancel Hold(s)" button.
Still confused? Have questions?
Give us a call at 708-798-0121 ext. 216.