Open to Homewood cardholders of good standing. Users sign a yearly agreement.
- Ages 11 years and under (6th grade & under)--with the supervision of any caregiver.
- Ages 12 – 13 years (7th & 8th graders)--with the supervision of any caregiver or on their own after completing orientation.
- Ages 14 and over may use the lab on their own.
The Makery Hours
Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 8:45 p.m.
Friday & Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Sundays 1:00 - 4:45 p.m. (September through May)
Call 708-798-0121 x232 for reservations (up to 2 weeks in advance).
Reserving and Using The Makery
- Reservations are encouraged, but walk-ins are allowed, depending on availability.
- Sessions are booked for 2 hours. Sessions can be extended, depending on availability.
- One guest is allowed with you.
- Groups of up to 6 people can book a session.
- Your library card is required at check in.
- A $500 security deposit is added to your card at check-in. You are responsible for the equipment used by you, your guest or members of your group. The fee is removed at check out, after an inventory is taken. If equipment is missing or damaged, the fee is adjusted to the applicable amount and will remain on your library record.
Support & Quick Tips
The attendant can provide some help with the equipment, but patrons should have a basic knowledge of its use and be able to work independently.
Quick Tips for Common Tasks and Equipment Usage
- Flatbed Scanner Instructions
- Red-Eye Removal & Date-Time Stamp
- Slide Scanner Instructions
- VHS to DVD Instructions
Interested in 3D Printing? Click Here **3D PRINTING IS CURRENTLY DOWN***
Standard and poster printers are available for projects. Email or word documents may not be printed in The Makery.
Computer Use, Internet and Expected Patron Behavior policies are posted in The Makery.
Food and Drink are not allowed at any time.