The Makery Policy
Section 8.01 Guidelines
In addition to compliance with Article VII, the following rules apply.
- The Makery is available to Homewood Library cardholders only.
- Adult Library cardholders in good standing may use The Makery.
- High school students whose Library account is in good standing may use The Makery without a caretaker.
- Seventh- and eighth-grade students whose Library account is in good standing may use The Makery without a caretaker only if they have completed the required training. If they have not completed the training, they are required to have a caretaker with them in order to use The Makery.
- Sixth-grade students and below whose Library account is in good standing may use The Makery only if accompanied by a caretaker.
- In order to begin a Makery session, an eligible patron will have The Makery checked out to their library card. Each Makery session will have a value of $500.00 attached to it.
- Eligible patrons must complete the Makery User Agreement on an annual basis
- Patrons under 18 must have their parent’s signature and ID on the Makery User Agreement.
- The equipment that is available for lending is limited to Homewood cardholders in good standing.
- The Makery is not an instructional space. While the library will provide opportunities for learning the equipment and software, patrons who are eligible to use The Makery must have a level of knowledge about the equipment in order to use it.
- The Makery is available for group projects. Reservations are made for the entire room and can be extended beyond the two-hour limit if there are no reservations for the following time slot. Groups are limited to 6 people. Groups will receive access by designating a responsible party who meets all of the requirements for access listed above. Names of additional group members will be documented when the group arrives for their reservation.
Reviewed: June 18, 2014
Adopted: July 16, 2014
Effective: July 16, 2014