Digital Media Lab...
a state-of-the-art creative space where we invite you to Do, Make, & Learn!
The DML is a creative technology studio with top-of-the-line software and
equipment that will allow you to create high-quality projects in many
What's available in the DML?
The DML is open to Homewood patrons of all ages.
- Children 11 years old and under (6th grade & under), can use the lab with the supervision of any caregiver. Please present your card when you arrive.
- Tweens 12 – 13 years old (7th or 8th graders) may use the lab on their own after completing orientation. Don’t forget to bring your library card.
- Teens 14 – 18 years old (9th to 12th graders) may use the lab on their own.
- Adults 18 and older may use the lab on their own.
The user's card should be in “good standing” with a signed User Agreement on file.
Patrons must sign this Agreement each year to use the DML.
Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 8:45 p.m.
Friday & Saturday 9:00 a-.fn. - 4:45 p.m.
Sundays 1:00 - 4:45 p.m. ( September through May)
Call 708-798-0121 x232 for reservations (up to 2 weeks in advance).
Reservations, Guidelines & Responsibilities:
- Reservations are encouraged, but we will take “walk ins” for your 2 hour session. Ask us if you need more time.
- You may have a guest(s) in the lab with you. In the event that equipment is missing or damaged, you will be responsible.
- Group reservations for up to 6 people can be made. Ask us if you need more than 2 hours.
- When using the DML, a $500 security deposit will be added to the User’s library card when checking into the lab. This fee is removed at check out, after an inventory of the lab is taken. If equipment is missing or damaged, the fee will be adjusted to the applicable amount and will remain on the User’s library record.
When using the DML, you should be aware that the attendant is there to provide basic help with our equipment. If you need more extensive help with equipment or software, visit Atomic Training for free tutorials on everything in the lab and more!
Print your creation with our standard or poster printer! Email or word documents should be printed outside of the DML, thank you.
Computer Use, Internet and Expected Patron Behavior policies are posted in the DML.
Food and Drink are not allowed at any time.