Meeting Room Policy
Meeting Room Application Requirement
To apply to reserve the Meeting Room, please read and agree to the terms of the policy outlined below. Please review the policy carefully because there have been post COVID changes. And remember:
Applications must be submitted at least two weeks before use date.
Applicant will receive confirmation or denial within five (5) business days.
Mable Murphy Meeting Room Policy
- Gambling and any other illegal activities
- Employee recruitment
- Instructors conducting classes for profit and groups promoting future courses or services entailing fees
- Informational seminars/workshops conducted by non-501c3 organizations
- Library-sponsored meetings or programs, including meetings of the Board of Trustees.
- Meetings of the Friends of the Homewood Library and other Library-related groups.
- Meetings or programs of nonprofit groups/organizations located within the Library District that can provide documentation of non-profit status.
- No organization may use the Meeting Room more than six times in a calendar year.
- The Library reserves the right to set a reasonable time limit for use of the Meeting Room.
- A group or organization which has been denied permission to use the Meeting Room by the Library Director may appeal such denial to the Board of Trustees at the Board’s next regularly scheduled meeting.
- Applications may not be submitted more than three months prior to the use date.
- Applications must be submitted at least two weeks before use date.
- Applicant will receive confirmation or denial within five (5) business days.
- Full description and organization name, including troop number or team name (if applicable), must be provided with application. No acronyms will be accepted as organization name. Acronyms that are not defined will be denied.
Regulations and Fees*
*Please review carefully since there have been post COVID changes.
*All fees will be added to the library card of whoever registers. Fees can then be paid online or at the library. The library card will be blocked until fees are paid.
- It is the responsibility of the group or organization to insure compliance with fire-code restrictions related to the Meeting Room occupancy limits.
- The applicant must be present at the entire meeting, since he or she is one of the responsible parties.
- When a group or organization finds it necessary to cancel a meeting, notice should be given to the Library and pre-paid fees will be forfeited.
- Set-up of the room is the responsibility of the group. Tables and chairs will be provided. A room use fee of $30 is payable a minimum of 3 days prior to room use, for a maximum of 3 hours use. If the fee is not received 72 hours prior to the scheduled room use the room use can be cancelled by the library.
- No group or organization may charge an admission fee to the Meeting Room, except for Library-sponsored programs for which fees may be charged to defray expenses.
- State law prohibits alcohol on library premises.
- Meetings may be scheduled only at times when the Library is open. Room access is available beginning at 9 am and ends at 9 pm. Room use must end by 8:45 pm so the room can be returned as it was found and the building secured at 9 pm.
- Permission to use a meeting room does not constitute endorsement of the subject matter of the meeting, or the group’s or organization’s beliefs and policies. As a result, publicity on non-library sponsored meetings must in no way imply Library sponsorship.
- Groups or organizations using the Meeting Room may not use the Library as their mailing address or telephone number.
- Signs or posters pertaining to a non-Library-sponsored meeting may be placed in the Library only in accordance with the sign and public notice policy.
- No group or organization may store equipment or materials in the Library, except on a temporary basis with the Library Director’s permission.
- The Library is not responsible for personal injury or the loss of/or damage to any equipment or materials owned or rented by a group or organization meeting in the Library.
- At the conclusion of the meeting, the group or organization is responsible for placing the room in the condition existing before the meeting commenced.
- Nothing may be attached to the walls of the Meeting Room.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel or reschedule an approved meeting to another date, if necessary. Notice will be given to the person signing the application via phone call or email within a reasonable time. Any paid fees will be applied to the new meeting date or refunded.
- Any use of library equipment shall be coordinated on a case by case basis as staffing and equipment are available. A minimum fee of $10 will be incurred for any equipment use.